How to Pick a Google AdWords Guru
Paid Search Managers, PPC Advisor, Online Advertising Expert, AdWords Professional….
Whatever you call it, they’re all the same person. Or, are they? What sets a great AdWords Manager apart from the rest? How do you know you’re working with the best?
Like any industry, the company is only as good as the people working for it. And the work done is only as good as the person doing it. So if you’re about to hire someone to handle your AdWords for you, and to guide you through the wonderful world of Pay-Per-Click, you want to make sure you’re hiring the right person.
To make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck, we’ve compiled a list of questions you should arm yourself with before you sign on the dotted line:
- Who are you?
– If you’re going to be working with this person week-in week-out, you want to be sure you can get along with them. You’re going to be building a relationship with them. Find out who they are, what makes them tick, how they work and whether or not your personalities match.
– The second half of this question is finding out whether or not they’re passionate about their job. If you’re a business owner, you’ll know the difference between someone who does a job for the money, and someone who does it because they’re passionate about it. Like the saying goes, “Always hire someone who loves their work, because for them, it’s not work – it’s pleasure.”
- Who will be doing the work?
– When there’s money being passed from one hand to the other, you need to know what you’re getting. Is there a front man talking to you and someone else doing the work? Are there trainees doing the hard yards, or is it someone who’s been doing it every day for long enough to know the ins-and-outs? And if, heaven forbid, your PPC comes up against something they haven’t seen before, are there people around them who can help?
– An extension to this section would be to discover their attitude towards numbers. Assessing large chunks of data can be daunting, trying to find the patterns between pages and pages of endless number, but if you’ve got yourself an advertising professional who has a thing for numbers then you’ve got yourself a cracking headstart.
- How are your writing skills?
– The best PPC Managers are those with a healthy mish-mash of three core skills. The first two we covered above. Personal relations and technical ability. The last one is my favourite – Creativity. Do they have what it takes to write punchy ads that are going to appeal to your customers? Do they have a good vocabulary that will put your ads ahead of the rest? Without this skill, the previous two are missing something, and will only get you so far.
If you’re looking for an AdWords Guru that qualifies all of the above, then jump on the phone and call us here at SponsoredLinX on 1300 859 600, or visit our website, and start asking questions!